Saturday, January 5, 2013

Conditioning


Decided to try and tackle DT today, a crossfit classic and hero workout.  Looking at it I figured it to be mainly forearm fatiguing, and it was but my lungs and shoulders also took a hit.

DT
5 Rounds for time
12 Deadlifts - 155
9 Hang Power Cleans - 155
6 Push Jerks - 155
Time: 19:36

The time feels slow but it was a tough workout for sure.  I tried to do as little extra reps as possible, so on a few rounds I did 11 deadlifts then rested a bit for the cleans, knowing the first rep would be a deadlift, I could then go right into the cleans, I used a similar technique for the push jerks which more or less worked.  A video of the workout will be uploaded to my youtube shortly, the time posted there is wrong though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tySsDyz65CE&list=UUY76daDPRwJx9guouwnll4A&index=1

There is round 1 and 5, this was also my 4th day in a row of working, working my lower body in the previous 2 and upper body in all 3, maybe tomorrow should be a rest day.

2 comments:

  1. Shit, that's not bad considering you used the same weight for all three lifts. That shows your body strength is well balanced, rather than biased in one particular area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the cleans were the hardest, push jerks close behind, the deadlifts on the other hand were easy.

    ReplyDelete