Saturday, December 8, 2012

Full Body


Two full body timed portions today, one being on the heavy side, the other being pure bodyweight.

5 Rounds for time
5 Back Squats - 225
5 Rack Bench Press - 225
Time: 10:49

5 Rounds for time
10 Kipping Pullups
10 Plate Pushups
Time: 6:44

That was fun.  All the squats were unbroken but I rested a decent amount between rounds to ensure that, because of that the bench press actually felt harder.  The second part was also fun, quicker than I though, after the first round most were broken in 10-6, minus the pullups on the last round.  Good feeling at end of workout, I was actually in the gym for a while as heavy metcons seem to take a while to warm up too.  I finally took out the camera again, video of most of each workout can be seen here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2Q5onJBek&list=UUY76daDPRwJx9guouwnll4A&index=1

3 comments:

  1. For the rack bench presses, how much space did you leave between the safeties and your chest? When I do bench presses on my own I have the barbell just a few inches away from my chest, but then I only do them like this because I don't use a spotter. I know you had the bar further away for a reason, but in your video the bar looks at least 8" away from you. Is this just so you can go heavier than normal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rack bench press, which i did in the video, and regular bench press are two entirely different exercises. Each rep on the rack bench press I reset, it's for lockout strength. The safeties are set at 8 holes, when you do this exercise, or have before you did it at 7 holes.

    I am curious, why don't you ever do regular bench press? The gym is usually on the busier side when you workout, why not ask for a spotter or just not go for max weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I could certainly use lighter weights and go for higher reps. The only reason I don't ask for a spotter is because I don't like to interrupt people's flow while they're training!

      Delete